A long but successful day in completing the turbo installation. I ran into problems in several areas, but each was worked out as I went and in the end everything is on the car ok. The worst was cross threading one of the oil fittings (the special custom one too), which required me to sit for over an hour be shaping the thread with a file and blade. I did manage to fix it in the end though. The other major problem was the compressor outlet snorkel fouling on the manifold in two places. A dodgy solution has been made for now but I will need a bit of work done on the intercooler piping before everything is right. The car is driving well and not too far off the previous performance despite only running 12 psi. Check out the updated version of Fitting a Bolt On Turbo.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s